Now that spring is finally here (although someone should tell Minnesota that... seriously, snow?), my office is getting ready for the big Time to Fly event for Children's Cancer Research Fund. This will be the third year in a row that we have participated in the event as Joggers for Julian in memory of Julian Golden. You can read more about Julian's story at JulianGolden.com. Julian is an amazing inspiration, and his legacy burns brightest during this event where we have consistently raised a great deal of money for CCRF. To help me meet my fundraising goal of $250, I would like to offer to paint a portrait of a pet to anyone that donates $50 or more through my donation page.
Here's the deal:
- Donate $50 or more to the Time to Fly event via my donation page
- I'll get an email notifying me of the donation
- I will do a happy dance, sadly there will be no witnesses
- Within one week of your donation, I will contact you via the email that you provided when you made your donation to discuss the details of your pet portrait and get reference photos
Rules, restrictions and mumbo-jumbo:
- This offer is limited to pets or animals in general only. Trust me, you don't want me painting your child or your favorite vacation spot.
- Reference photos must be supplied by you and you must have legal rights to them. Please do not pull an image off of the internet and say you want that painted. That's not nice.
- Art will be done using the supplies I currently have. I'm not made of money at the moment and don't intend on buying a bunch of new supplies to feed this whim. Check out the list below for available options. You aren't limited to paintings!
- All pieces will be completed in the year 2013. If you are thinking about making this a gift, I will do my best to work with a deadline. But please tell me in advance.
- The size of the piece may be limited by the amount of your donation. I'm not going to do an epic three canvas triptych of Fluffy riding into battle for $50. Email me if you want more specific sizing information.
- I reserve the right to photograph and publish the finished painting, progress photos and/or your pets name on this website. I respect your privacy and will not publish your name or email information.
- If you are not located in the Twin Cities area, we will need to arrange shipping. All shipping fees to be paid for by recipient.
- I reserve the right to cap this offer at any time if I get overwhelmed with requests. Although I have my doubts people will be lining up for this. PROVE ME WRONG!
- This offer ends on June 22nd. All funds must be raised before the Time to Fly event. Paintings will be complete in the year 2013.
- These rules are subject to change if I think of something else important.
Mediums, supplies and options:
I have A LOT of art supplies. Over the years I've sampled waaaay more techniques than any sane person would bother with. That being said, you can pick and choose from any of the fun options below. I am notorious for mixing mediums and would love to explore your ideas.
- Acrylic paint (Canvas sizes available: 8" x 8" or 8" x 10", larger canvas options available for larger donations, email me for details)
- Chalk pastel
- Stencils/spray paint
- Scratchboard (Sizes available: 8" x 8" or 8" x 10")
- Munny dolls
- Water soluble pencils
- Espresso watercolor
- Digital illustration
- Decorative paper
- Watercolor paper
- Yupo paper
- Gloss varnish
- Spray fixative
[gallery columns="2" ids="1722,1743,1746,1756,1299,353,1744,1745,1770,1777,1778"]
I was inspired to do this by my co-worker, Annette who is having a bake sale to help raise money. If you want some of the most amazing cookies in your life, head over to her site and give more money! If you decide you want cookies AND art, I could be convinced to have your donation to Annette's bake sale count toward your donation for art too. I would need to confirm your donation with Annette before beginning and the balance of your donation would need to be made on my donation page so I can get closer to my goal too!
- Why are you still reading this? Go Donate!